1. Policy for Handling Personal Information
Acknowledging the importance of protecting personal information in today's advanced information-communications society, Nikkiso Co., Ltd. ("Nikkiso") and its domestic Group Companies ("Nikkiso Group") will endeavor to protect the personal information that Nikkiso Group handles in accordance with the policy provided below.
- (1) Compliance with laws and regulations and development of Internal Rules
Nikkiso Group will comply with laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information. In order to implement this policy of the compliance ("Policy"), Nikkiso Group has developed this Policy, the "Internal Rules on Personal Information Protection," and other relevant rules and regulations, and has ensured that directors, audit & supervisory board members, officers and employees of Nikkiso Group and all those concerned (collectively "Officers and Employees, etc.") are familiarized with these, and will enact, maintain, and continuously improve them.
- (2) Collecting personal information
Nikkiso Group will collect personal information in a legitimate and fair manner.
- (3) Using personal information
- Nikkiso Group will use personal information within the purpose of use as presented upon collection thereof, to the extent necessary to carry out business operations.
- When sharing personal information with a third party or commissioning a third party to handle personal information, Nikkiso Group will conduct impartial investigations into the third party and perform proper supervision to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- (4) Providing personal information to a third party
Nikkiso Group will not provide personal information to a third party without prior consent from the person concerned, unless otherwise required by law.
- (5) Measures for safe management of personal information
- Nikkiso Group will maintain the accuracy of personal information, and manage such information safely.
- Nikkiso Group will take proper security measures against unauthorized access and computer viruses, in order to prevent personal information from being lost, destroyed, falsified, or leaked.
- Nikkiso Group will not leak personal information by transmitting or carrying it outside our premises, etc.
- (6) Organizations and systems
- Nikkiso Group has appointed a Personal Information Protection Administrator to implement proper management of personal information.
- Nikkiso Group has provided the Officers and Employees, etc. with training on the protection and proper management of personal information, thereby ensuring appropriate handling of personal information in daily activities.
- (7) Disclosing, correcting, suspending the use of and deleting personal information
Acknowledging that a person owns the right to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or deletion of his or her personal information, Nikkiso Group will respond promptly to such requests.
- (8) Sharing Personal Information
Nikkiso may share customer information as follows:
- Details of customer information (including personal information) to be shared
- a. Name, address, telephone number, email address and name of organization customer is affiliated with
- b.Historical record of exhibitions, seminars etc. customer has attended
- c. Historical record of negotiations about or purchase of Nikkiso Group products ("Products") customer has been involved in
- Scope of users to share customer information
- Nikkiso Group, and its distributors and representatives
- Purposes of sharing by users
- a. Contact with customers
- b. Tasks and work involved in sales and maintenance of Products
- c. Providing information about exhibitions, seminars and services for Products
- d. Collecting information about the quality of Products and providing feedback for research and development, etc.
- Party responsible for management of customer information
Companies comprising Nikkiso Group
2. Policy for Handling Specific Personal Information
Nikkiso Group has set and implemented this policy to ensure the proper handling of specific personal information and personal numbers (collectively "Specific Personal Information") as an organization in accordance with the "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures" ("My Number Act").
- (1) Compliance with related laws and regulations, and guidelines
Nikkiso Group will properly handle the Specific Personal Information in compliance with the My Number Act, the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information," and the "Guidelines for Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information (for Business Operators)," Nikkiso Group will properly handle the Specific Personal Information.
- (2) Purpose of use
Nikkiso Group will use the Specific Personal Information for the following purposes:
|"Personal Number-related Affairs" (including affairs-related to the matters listed on the right) pertaining to the Officers and Employees (including dependents)||Declarations and notifications, etc. pertaining to tax withholding|
|Declarations and notifications, etc. pertaining to resident tax|
|Declarations and notifications, etc. pertaining to social insurance and labor insurance|
|Preparation and provision, etc. of statutory documents concerning financial instruments transactions pertaining to stock ownership associations (affairs related to the entrusting of business by stock ownership associations to Nikkiso Group)|
|Notifications, claims, and provision of services, etc. pertaining to corporate pensions|
|Declarations and notifications as well as application form preparation, etc. pertaining to housing fund savings and pension savings|
|Preparation, etc. of payment records for each recipient of a retirement allowance, etc.|
|Preparation, etc. of payment records of salaries, etc. pertaining to non-residents|
|"Personal Number-related Affairs" (including affairs-related to the matters listed on the right) pertaining to the spouses of the Officers and Employees||Notifications, etc. of third insured persons of the national pension
|"Personal Number-related Affairs" (including affairs-related to the matters listed on the right) pertaining to individuals other than the Officers and Employees||Preparation, etc. of payment records of remuneration and fees, etc.|
|Preparation, etc. of payment records of distributions of dividends and surpluses as well as interest on funds|
|Preparation, etc. of payment records of rent, etc. for real properties|
|Preparation, etc. of payment records of considerations for inheriting real properties, etc.|
- (3) Matters concerning security control measures
To prevent the leakage, loss, falsification or damage, etc. of Specific Personal Information as well as the management thereof, Nikkiso Group has implemented the necessary and proper security control measures. Nikkiso Group also performs the necessary and proper supervision of employees and the outsourced contractors (including subcontractors, etc.) that handle Specific Personal Information. Matters concerning the security control measures for Specific Personal Information have been specifically set forth in the "Detailed Rules for Handling and Use of Specific Personal Information," and the "Manual for Handling Specific Personal Information," separately.
If you have any questions or opinions, etc. on the handling of personal information or Specific Personal Information by Nikkiso Group, including requests under item 7 above (disclosing, correcting, suspending the use of and deleting personal information), please contact the Personal Information Inquiry Counter of the company within the Nikkiso Group to which you provided such information.