- 14/08/2020 Press Release
- Nikkiso partners with Airbus on "Propulsion of Tomorrow" (PDF:105.7 KB)
- 24/01/2020 Company Info
- New corporate profile videos
- 25/03/2019 Press Release
- First shipment of "Cascade" from Nikkiso Miyazaki Factory (PDF:228.2 KB)
Our Composite Cascades are chosen for Aircrafts worldwide.
When the aircraft is landing, in addition to the landing gear braking system, Thrust Reverser enhances the braking capability.
The cascade is playing an important role to control the reversed airflow directions.
By succeeding in development of cascade made of CFRP for the first time in the world in 1983,
and subsequent certification from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the following year,
our cascade has been chosen from most of the airframers for their commercial aircrafts, such as Boeing, Airbus and other major players of the regional jets.
As of 2016, Nikkiso has shipped over half-million of cascades.
Since the first shipment of the PW4000 cascade in 1984, our market share has been growing more than 30 years and still continuing to grow. There are around 10-20 cascades consisted in one nacelle, depending on the engine type. The cascade has a lattice-shaped structure in complex shaped with many angle of vanes. Each cascades are designed differently depending on the location of the nacelle to control the air-flow in accurate direction and to take the required loads. With experience of designing cascades for most of the commercial aircrafts over 30 years, the number of models which Nikkiso designed have exceeded 200 types.
As a result of our over 30 years cascade supply record, competent technological capability,
efforts in quality and on-time delivery, we received work packages from our customers for various parts,
and are currently producing a broad range of aircraft parts such as main wing parts and engine parts.
High quality is a must in the aerospace industry, and various certifications are required to become a supplier of aircraft parts. There are general certifications and also specific certification for each customer.
Nikkiso's Recognitions from our customers worldwide
Nikkiso has been awarded by multiple customers in recent years.
Our advanced technological capabilities, reliable quality control,
and constant efforts in on-time delivery has been recognized worldwide.
- 2020 "Best performance prize" was awarded by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- 2019 "Supplier Award 2019" was awarded by Safran Nacelles, Ltd.
- 2018 "Supplier of the Year 2018" was awarded by Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- 2017 "Special contribution prize" was awarded by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- 2016 "Supplier of the Year 2016" was awarded by Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- 2014 "Supplier of the Year 2014" was awarded by Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- 2012 "Platinum Supplier Award" was awarded by Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- 2008 Recognized as the "Gold Supplier" by Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- 2006 "Excellent supplier prize" was awarded by Goodrich Aerostructures Group
Sites and Functions
We currently have 4 domestic locations and 1 oversea to support the Sites and Functions activities for aircraft parts.